Our "Build" process is a detailed set of over 100 steps, honed over many years, that takes a system "out of the box" or an already-used system and readies it for its most productive use.
In the past year we have added steps to take advantage of Windows 10's improvements without sacrificing a familiar user environment. In addition, we address several privacy concerns that exist with the information Microsoft collects about every Windows 10 system.
At a high level, our process addresses these key areas:
- Base Windows setup
- Computer registration
- Remote access installation
- Power settings
- Windows 10 basic setup
- Windows 10 privacy and update settings
- Administrative user setup
- System utilities installation
- Default software installation and setup
- Manufacturer software updates
- Microsoft updates
- Owning user account setup
- Security installation and configuration
- Backup installation and configuration
- Browser selection and configuration
- User-specific software installation and configuration
- Microsoft Office installation and configuration
- Outlook email client setup
- File service setup
- Encryption configuration
- User-specific device setup and configuration
Our Build process makes sure you get the most out of your investment in a new computer, or that you get the longest life possible about out of an existing computer.
This process typically takes between 2 and 5 billable hours, depending on client needs, computer condition, and internet speed.